To create a school where the students, parents and teachers are excited to learn together; promoting personal, social and environmental awareness and responsibility; while instilling a sense of purpose and meaning in education and in life.
- To create an environment where students feel comfortable, curious and inspired to learn.
- To identify and celebrate the unique qualities found in each child.
- To provide a personalized academic program that challenges the students to succeed at their level.
- To maintain a schedule that is structured yet flexible.
- To create opportunities for healthy living that include physical exercise, motor skills, and good nutrition.
The five points on the star of the sand dollar are symbolic of the five aspects of a person that are acknowledged in offering a “Wholistic” Education.
- Mind …cognitive/logical
- Body …physical
When all of these aspects are considered we have a greater understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world; cultivating acceptance, respect and compassion, while learning to be students of life.